How to Verify Site
LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 11, 2023
Site verification is how we validate that you own the domain where your application is hosted. After submitting your production application, you’ll receive a text string to upload to your URL that proves you’re the website owner.
- Save the text string as .txt file:
- Copy and paste the text string into a text editor. Do not leave any space or additional text before or after the text string. Any pure text editor will work for this process. Do not use a rich text editor (MS Word, iWork page, etc).
Save the file as riot.txt:
- Upload the riot.txt file on your web server: Upload the riot.txt file to the root directory of your website. You can use FTP or any file manager provided by your hosting provider.
- Verify file accessibility: Ensure that the file is accessible publicly by visiting the file directly in a web browser. You should be able to view the content of the file by navigating to “https://www.yourdomain.com/riot.txt” (replace “yourdomain” with your site url).
- Submit your domain for verification. You can do this either in the Application Submission window, or by viewing your apps under your username.
- Enter the URL for verification in the application window.
Verifying ownership: The domain verification service will check if the file exists and contains the correct string. If everything is set up correctly, your domain ownership will be verified.
- Note: If you followed the above steps and your site is still unverified, send us a message in the portal so we can confirm nothing went wrong on our end.
- Remember to remove or hide the verification file from public access after the verification process is completed to maintain security and privacy. This process may vary slightly depending on the specific domain.